I have exciting news (yay, exciting news!). I have been nominated for the Very Inspiring Blog Award. A special thank you to Ellen for nominating me!
The Very Inspiring Blog Award is truly a neat thing. Basically it’s a chance for bloggers to spread positive feelings and recognize each other for writing something great. It’s a chance to make someone feel warm and tingly about what they’re doing. And who wouldn’t want to do that?
There are simple rules that go along with accepting this nomination, and those are:
1. Display the award logo on your blog.
2. Link back to the person who nominated you.
3. State 7 things about yourself.
4. Nominate at least 5 other bloggers for this award and link to them.
5. Notify those bloggers of the nomination and the award’s requirements.
So. Seven Things About Me:
1. I have the best job in the world, which is being a big sister. I am the oldest of six fantastic kids (if I do say so myself) and we’re a close-knit bunch. My siblings are my best friends, and I’d do absolutely anything for them.
2. I am a Whovian. For those of you who don’t know what that is, well, basically it means I’m obsessed with Doctor Who, which is pretty much one of the most brilliant sci-fi shows on television. I’d follow the Doctor anywhere. Allons-y!
3. I’m a bit of an Anglophile. I adore British culture, history, music, films, television, literature and especially their accents. Someday in my near future I hope to visit dear old England. That day can’t come soon enough.
4. When I was five years old, I told my mom I wanted to be a writer. I’m now twenty one years old and that hasn’t changed.
5. One of my favorite things to do is to watch movies and T.V. with my dad. We both love superheroes and action films and I like nothing better than to sit down and watch one with him. He says I’m too much like him for my own good. I couldn’t be more pleased or proud.
6. I am a Potterhead, a member of the Potter Generation, a faithful follower of Queen Rowling, and one of those people who turned up to the midnight releases of the Harry Potter books. And just because the series has ended (for now) and all the movies have been released, doesn’t mean I’m going to stop my obsession.
7. I drink an inordinate amount of tea. Iced tea, herbal tea, breakfast tea, hot tea, you name it. I love it, and I wouldn’t be able to get through the day without it. As the Doctor once said, “Tea! That’s all I needed! Good cup of tea! Super-heated infusion of free-radicals and tannin, just the thing for healing the synapses…”
Now for the other bit. Drum roll, please.
My Nominations for the Very Inspiring Blog Award are:
Ellen Grey Carter Ellen is a fellow writer bring her unique sense of style to the blogging universe. She is working on her novel and gives us random and refreshing blog posts about writing, the universe and other interesting things in the mean time. One of my favorite things she does is “Write a Picture Wednesday,” where she posts a picture, writes a scene about it and prompt us to do the same. What could be more fun?
The Afictionado Maybe inspirational isn’t the word you would choose to describe this blog about pop culture and other such geeky things, but it’s fun and interesting and definitely worth a look!
From Sarah, With Joy Another fellow writer, one who is spreading words of joy “on writing and what it means to be an artist.” I love a good blog about the joy in creating, especially with words!
Skottie Young A professional cartoonist and illustrator, Skottie’s “Daily Sketch” posts always liven my day. I love his eccentric style and take on various characters from literature, comics, movies and televsion. Check his work out!
Kaitlyn Fletcher A bright young woman who, despite various obstacles thrown in her way, is making a go at life and her dream of spreading her artwork to the world. Her attitude towards life is definitely an inspiration and it is a joy to see her work. Go check it out!
And there you have it. Seven things about me and my nominations for the award. Finally, I’d like to give another special thanks to Ellen, because I really am ridiculously pleased about being nominated. Makes me grin every time I think about it.
So go on, what are you still hanging around here for? Go check out those inspirational blogs!