The fabulous Rohan has recently started a game of Blog Tag. He tagged me and now I’m IT! I’m joining in on this madness because it seems fun. Here’s how it works.
1. Post these rules.
2. Post a photo of yourself and eleven random facts about you.
3. Answer the questions given to you in the tagger’s post.
4. Create eleven new questions and tag new people to answer them.
5. Go to their blog/twitter and let them know they have been tagged.
So here I go. Here’s a photo of me with my younger sister Stephanie in 1994. Don’t I look mischievous?
Eleven Random Facts About Me:
1. I take a book with me wherever I go, even if I know I won’t have time to read it.
2. When I’m home alone, I like to sing my own renditions of Phantom of the Opera and Les Miserables music and the National Anthem.
3. I used to sleep on the rug beside my mom’s bed when I had a nightmare, because I didn’t want to wake her up.
4. I was once thrown out of JC Penny Department Store with my mother, sister and cousins for “laughing too loud.”
5. I am a fangirl; I love to introduce a friend to one of my fandoms, especially if I can get them just as hooked as me!
6. When I was five years old I made my first marriage proposal (of sorts). I “proposed” to the man who excavated our basement. I told him, “he needed to stop smoking or his lungs would turn black and he would die before I could marry him.”
7. I love naked trees. Trees in the wintertime fascinate me, especially apple trees – they’re so gnarly!
8. I like the smell of musty basements.
9. I think Labyrinth is one of the best movies ever made. It is my go-to movie. (And the Goblin King is sexy.)
10. I think the day is wasted if you haven’t laughed at least once.
11. I prefer salt over sugar. (unless chocolate chip cookies are involved. Then I always choose the cookies.)
1. What’s the hardest part of blogging? Posting regularly. Despite my numerous attempts, I haven’t managed to get into any sort of writing schedule yet.
2. You can inhabit the body of any person on the planet for a day, who would you choose? I would be Jenna-Louise Coleman (or whoever the current companion is), so I can have adventures with the Doctor!
3. You must choose between never eating apples again, or never eating cheese. Which one? Never eating apples again. I love them, but there’s no question of giving up cheese. It’s too good!
4. Would you prefer to spend 2 years washed up alone on a deserted tropical island or 2 years in prison? Two years washed up alone on a deserted tropical island (as long as it doesn’t turn out to be a secret prison camp like on Arrow). I would never want to go to prison.
5. What’s your favorite book? I have many favorites, but my go-to book is Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen.
6. How long do you have to be with someone before farting is acceptable? (continuing the good work of Miss Four Eyes) I think at least six months. But there are always exceptions. Every couple is different.
7. What’s your favorite season? Fall. All the seasons have something special, but there’s just something magical about watching the leaves change colors and hearing the crunch of fallen leaves under your feet.
8. Trousers, skirt or shorts? Trousers. You can’t go wrong with your favorite pair of (in my case) battered jeans.
9. What did you have for breakfast? An apple toaster strudel and a cup of tea.
10. What’s your favorite show growing up? This is a tough one. I watched Gargoyles and Batman with my Dad for years, and I really loved Darkwing Duck.
11. What are you going to do after you read this blog? Write my own Blog Tag post!
My Questions to you:
1. What was the last book you read?
2. If you could meet anyone from history, who would it be?
3. Pirate, ninja, or cowboy?
4. What is your favorite time of day?
5. Where in the wide world would you most like to visit?
6. If time travel were real, you would go to the past or future?
7. Do you believe in the Loch Ness Monster?
8. If you could give your past self one piece of advice, what would it be?
9. Who is one of your role models?
10. What has been your favorite experience with blogging so far?
11. What is your greatest fear?
And now here are the people I’m tagging, to continue the game if you like, though no worries if you don’t want to play. If anyone else wants to join in, feel free to answer my questions in the comments below or start your own blog post!
I can’t wait to see your posts (if you choose to write one.) 🙂