Something interesting happened to me last week.
As I logged into my WordPress account, I discovered I had been nominated for the Liebster Award not once, but twice! My, my, I do feel flattered. So many thanks to those who nominated me, Kokkieh and Nerd Enchanted!
Recipients of the Liebster Award must:
1. List 11 random facts about you
2. Answer the questions that were asked of you (By the blogger who nominated you)
3. Nominate 11 other bloggers for the Liebster Blog Award and link to their blogs
4. Notify the bloggers of their award.
5. Ask the award winners 11 questions to answer once they accept the award
So, let’s get started, shall we? Geronimo!
11 Random Facts About Me:
1. I love being barefoot. It is my favorite thing about summer.
2. I don’t like any kind of seafood. If it comes from the water, I won’t eat it.
3. I spend too much time on Pinterest. Since joining in November 2011, I have pinned over 9,300 pins.
4. I believe in the power of birthday wishes – if you wish long and hard enough. It took six birthday wishes to get another brother, but I got one after I turned 11.
5. I’m usually a morning person, but in the summer I love the night – being outside in the warm air and watching the stars.
6. I once hugged a random guy stocking the shelves of Walmart because I thought they were out of the Jack Sparrow folders I wanted, but then he brought a whole now box. I told him he was my hero.
7. My sister once convinced all the underclassmen in the marching band that I was adopted and sensitive about it, so they shouldn’t bring it up. Unfortunately, one of them let it slip, otherwise I would have never known about it. -_-
8. I despise meatloaf.
9. If at all possible, I cheat at Monopoly. Mostly this involves me stealing money from the bank and hiding under my side of the board, to bail me out later.
10. Coming up with eleven of these facts was harder than I thought.
11. I want to learn another language – perhaps French or German.
Now on to the questions. Since I was nominated twice, I suppose I’ll just have to answer all the questions from both bloggers. Allons-y!
1. Do you have a pet? What?
No. My sisters have pets, but I personally do not, nor do I want one (unless it’s Stitch).
2. What have you accomplished thus far in your life that you’re most proud of?
Hmm. I don’t know about “most proud of”, but one thing I’m proud of in my life is my education – I graduated with Honors both in high school and in college, and was Valedictorian of my high school class. It was an honor to be able to address my class at graduation.
3. If you can have anyone to mentor you, who would it be?
4. How do you feel about blog awards?
I have mixed feelings about them. On the one hand I am flattered by other bloggers nominating me, but on the other I think these awards can sometimes turn into chain mail, making one feel obligated to carry out their requirements.
5. Who is your favorite author? (top three if picking one is too hard)
Jane Austen. My next two would probably be J.K. Rowling and J.R.R. Tolkien.
6. What’s your favorite television show, current or past?
Oh, now this is hard. I’d say it’s a solid tie between Smallville and Doctor Who.
7. Do you believe in fairies?
I do believe in fairies. I do! I do!
8. What do you drive?
A 2007 cranberry-red Ford Edge.
9. What would you like to drive?
10. What was your favorite game as kid?
What my sister and I called “Little House,” which was when we set up our dollhouses and built little cities and played with our action figures and little toys. Sometimes we played with people, other times it was all animals. And we would play for hours, and leave our “houses” set up for days.
11. What does your name mean?
According to Babynology.com, Tiffany means “an appearance or manifestation of God.”
Nerd Enchanted’s Questions:
1. What’s your favorite comic?
2. What’s the most played track on your iPod?
Burnin’ Up by the Jonas Brothers.
3. Do you believe in fate?
Yes and no. I believe God has a plan for all of us, but that we have the freedom of choosing whether or not to honor that plan.
4. Describe your perfect world.
I don’t believe in a perfect world. I think my world is pretty great as it is, though it would be nice if there was a little less violence in the world, and fewer natural disasters. It seems like there’s something worse happening every time I turn on the news.
5. Would you ever dye your hair pink?
I don’t think so, but I’ve thought about it. Multiple times.
6. What’s your nick name?
A lot of people call me Tiff. My sister Stephanie calls me “Tiffs” sometimes, and only she is allowed to call me that. When I was very little (and sometimes when Mom is feeling sentimental) Mom calls me “Peaches.”
7. Did you enjoy high school?
For the most part. Although I love learning, I was never really a fan of school.
8. If you could be a fictional character for a day, who would it be and why?
I would be the Doctor, so I could travel anywhere in space and time and see the wonders of the universe. Also, so I could get away with wearing ridiculous outfits, saying things like “Allons-y!” and using psychic paper to get me into practically anywhere. I might even get mistaken for the king of Belgium (Doctor Who, “The Idiot’s Lantern.”)
9. How many languages can you speak?
Three. English, “Annoying Brother,” and Laugh-speak, which happens when you are laughing so hard with your sister that nothing comes out of your mouth except an occasional squeak, but you can have an entire conversation.
10. Where did you go on your most memorable vacation?
The Outer Banks, North Carolina. It was the first time I saw the ocean in person.
11. Name a celebrity you’d most like to meet.
And my nominees: (I’m only selecting five, because five is a good number and I’m too lazy to nominate eleven people.)
Matthew Curry at The Chia Pet Circus
Sandra Bellamy at quirkybooks
Laura at As Told By Laura
Ben at Ben’s Bitter Blog
And the lovely lady at Colossal Garbage
My questions for the nominees:
1. What are you currently reading (book, comic, etc.)?
2. Who is your favorite villain?
3. What is one thing you wish you could do well but can’t?
4. If you could have lunch with any celebrity, who would it be and what would you talk about?
5. What has been your best experience about blogging so far?
6. Do you dress us for Halloween? If so, what has been your favorite costume?
7. What is your dream job?
8. Salt or sugar?
9. How do you feel about time travel?
10. If you were to be cast in the leading role of a movie, what type of movie would it be and who would you like to be cast along with you?
11. What song or musical artist do you listen to when you want to jam?