To all my readers and friends here in America, Happy Thanksgiving! To everyone else, I hope you are having a fantastic week and that today will be particularly fine.
Around this time of year, and especially on Thanksgiving Day, many people will reflect on the things they are thankful for. Your social media feeds will likely be filled with people giving thanks for their families and homes, their food and their jobs, and a whole plethora of things in their life. There will be the cynics too, the one person who has to inform everyone they should be thankful for these things everyday, not just on Thanksgiving. The point these people are missing is that we are all thankful for these things everyday. It just sometimes we forget to say it. Thanksgiving is a perfect opportunity to do so.
In light of both of these things, here’s a list of things I’m thankful for, both today and everyday:
1. First and foremost are these goons:
My family gives me a reason to smile everyday, and I couldn’t be more blessed to have them. I’ve never met a better group of people in my life.
2. Second is my faith, which brings purpose, solace, joy and fulfillment to my life. No matter where I am or what I’m doing, my faith is always there to lend support and guidance. I am glad my parents brought me up with faith in my life.
3. Third is my boyfriend Ryan, who makes me feel beautiful, smart and one of a kind. I am glad to have found someone who loves me for everything – my extremely family oriented, faith-driven, uber geeky, obsessive fangirl, slight perfectionist, sometimes childish, imaginative, homebody self.
4. Fourth is my friends. I have some truly wonderful people in my life who inspire me, support me, laugh with me and stick with me through thick and thin. You know who you are, and I thank you for being a part of my life.
5. Fifth is for the good things in my life. I have a home, a good job, I own my car, I’m debt-free, in good health, and I’ve had the ability to travel this year. All things considered, I think I’m doing pretty well.
6. Six is for all the things I fangirl over – Smallville, Doctor Who, Sherlock, Merlin, Once Upon A Time, Bones, Arrow, Once Upon A Time in Wonderland, Superman, DC Comics, Johnny Depp, Harry Potter and so many other things. If I keep going, I could be here all day. Suffice to say there are many things I find enjoyable in life, and I’m glad they’re there to obsess over. 🙂
7. And finally seven, since they released a special Live album just to their fan club members yesterday (officially making my week) is the Jonas Brothers. I’m still sad they called it quits as a band, but I’m so thankful for the ten years of performing they did give us Jonas fans. They’ll always be my favorite band, and I look forward to see what else they accomplish as individuals.
And that wraps it up! But before I go, I’d just like to extend a special thank you to all of my readers. Your comments and likes always make my day and have helped make this blog something really special in my life. You guys are the best!
Now I’m off to help with preparations for our family feast today. I hope everyone has a safe, happy day and that things run smoothly. I’ll see everyone tomorrow for Friday Fictioneers (another thing I’m thankful for…)!