Happy New Year, Readers! Welcome to 2015. Is anyone else wondering where 2014 went?
I swear, time is passing by faster and faster every year. I can’t believe I’m going to be 24 years old this month!
2014 was a year of ups and downs for me. I’d worked hard, lost loved ones, prayed more than I ever have in my entire life, experienced tender, romantic moments that literally left me weak in the knees, made new friends and strengthened friendships, felt ridiculously creative and did a lot of soul searching.
Here were my 2014 resolutions from last year’s post, Welcome 2014!
1. I want to write more letters. I certainly followed through with this one. For about three months straight I wrote letters to my boyfriend each week. His dad kept thinking I was breaking up with him, sending “Dear John” letters. I also sent postcards, letters to friends, and Christmas cards to those in need. I think I’ll keep up with this one.
2. I want to expand my blog. I stuck with this one for a little while – posting photos and sketches, quotes and my stories, but about halfway through the year life suddenly got super busy, and my blog sort of faded to the back burner. I’ll have to work on that one this year.
3. I want to draw more. I straight up failed at this one. Not that I didn’t draw, but not on the frequent basis I had planned on.
4. I want to read the Bible. This one is still a work in progress. I’m nowhere near finishing the Bible, but I am slowly working on it, and enjoying taking my time with it and the periods of reflection it inspires in me.
What were your resolutions? Were you any better than me at keeping them?
Hoping to be better at sticking to my plans this year, here are my goals for 2015:
1. I want to keep writing letters, and write even more. I have really enjoyed writing letters this year. I’d like to continue to do so, maybe even once a week (that might be a little ambitious). Either way, this year I shall continue my crusade to keep the USPS alive.
2. Play music again – flute or piano or both. This one has been weighing on my mind for a while now. Christmas always brings it to the forefront (because I love Christmas music…I’d like to be able to perform it again). So this year, even if it is just in the comfort of my own home or with a community band or private lessons, I want to play music again.
3. Be more patient. The job I have now is very much a go, go, go, gotta-have-it-done-five-minutes-ago job. Constant exposure to this has left me in a sort of rush, rush, rush mode. I think I need to work on being more patient with my tasks (while still getting them done in a timely manner) and more patient with people. Stress from my job has made me come home grumpy and snap at my family and boyfriend more than once. I need to learn to unwind better. Just take five and enjoy the time I have.
4. Continue to read the Bible. I have a feeling this one will take me a while, but I don’t think it should be rushed. I really want to take my time to read and understand what I’m reading, and hopefully gain a deeper relationship with God.
5. Try something new. It doesn’t matter if it is big or small, I’d like to try something new this year. I don’t know what yet, but I’m going to keep a list….to review at the end of the year.
So those are my goals…what are yours? What are your hopes and dreams for 2015?