Welcome to Tuesday, dear Readers. Today the Daily Prompt caught my eye and I couldn’t help but answer it.
You’re being exiled to a private island, and your captors will only supply you with five foods. What do you pick?
Assuming my captivity will be of some duration, I must think carefully about this. It is quite considerate of my captors really, to ask me what I’d like to eat. Hopefully I chose well:
1. Tea. If I get nothing else, I must have tea. Non-negotiable.
2. Fresh fruit, preferably heavy on the strawberries. Is it cheating not to be specific?
3. Cottage cheese. Seriously. I love this stuff.
4. Pasta. I debated for a long while over this one, and I was really leaning towards bread instead. But again, I’m not being specific so maybe they’ll give me a variety?
5. Chicken. I figure I have to have at least one meat. And I do love chicken. So many ways to cook it! (hopefully they would give it to me cooked or ready to be cooked…I don’t want to deal with live ones!)
Before I go, let it be noted that when I first read this prompt my thoughts first went to my boyfriend, and I know without a doubt one of the things he would choose is sushi. (Gross! But I love you, Ryan.)
What would you choose?